Attorneys at Johnstone Adams have experience and training in the highly specialized practice area of Immigration Law. The firm regularly advises and represents both business clients and individuals in complex immigration matters.
Johnstone Adams offers a myriad of services to its business clients to enable them to employ the workers they need to successfully run their businesses. Johnstone Adams business immigration services include:
- Aiding business clients with the preparation of various non-immigrant employment visa petitions, including those in the Canadian and Mexican TN (NAFTA), H-1B (professionals), E-1 / E-2 (treaty traders/investors), L-1A (intracompany transferees), J (exchange visitors), and R (religious workers) categories.
- Assisting employers with Form I-9 employment verification and compliance issues, including the use of E-Verify.
- Representing corporate clients in Form I-9 audits conducted by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
- Advising on the development and implementation of employment verification policies and procedures (e.g., Form I-9, E-Verify, IMAGE Program, SSA No-Match Letters).
- Providing counsel to businesses on the effects of the Alabama immigration law, the Hammon-Beason Alabama Taxpayer and Citizen Protection Act.
- Guiding employers through the permanent residence process initiated for employees in various immigration categories, including offering advice on the PERM Labor Certification system.
Johnstone Adams attorneys also regularly advise individual clients seeking visas, permanent residence, and citizenship, among other things. Johnstone Adams immigration services for individuals include:
- Preparing non-immigrant visa petitions, including those in the B-1/B-2 (business/pleasure), F-1 (student), and K (fiancée) categories.
- Guiding individuals through the permanent residence process, both through adjustment of status (I-485) and consular processing.
- Assisting individuals with preparation of comprehensive I-601 extreme hardship waivers in conjunction with permanent residence petitions.
- Advising individuals in regard to the naturalization process.
- Coordinating client responses to USCIS Requests for Evidence.
Practice Group Attorneys
Contact Us Today