Areas of Practice:
William H. Hardie, Jr.
- 1963, Virginia State Bar
- 1964, New York and U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- 1966, Alabama State Bar
- 1967, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- 1970, U.S. Supreme Court
- 1981, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Yale University, B.E. (mechanical engineering) 1959
- University of Virginia School of Law, LL.B. 1963
- Co-Chair, ABA Products Liability Litigation Sub-Committee on Warnings.
- Member and former Faculty Member, ABA National Institute on Failure to Warn Litigation, Washington, D.C., September 1996.
- Faculty Member, First European Convention in Consumer Safety, Barcelona, Spain, April 1997.
- Moderator, Panel Discussion on Expert Witnesses, Annual Meeting of Litigation Section, ABA, New York, New York, May 1998.
- Faculty Member, Post-Award arbitration procedures, Alabama Bar Institute-Continuing Legal Education, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, February 1999.
- Member, Commercial Arbitrations Panel of American Arbritation Association.
- "A Critical Analysis of On-Product Warning Theory," 22 Product Safety & Liability Reporter (BNA) 143 (February 11, 1994); reprinted, Products Liability in New York: Strategy and Practice, N.Y. State Bar Ass?n (Neil A. Goldberg, ed. 1997).
- "Liability Based on Testing Product Warning Labels," For the Defense 27 (October 1997).
- "Warning of Open and Obvious Hazards," 9 Australian Product Liability Reporter 35 (March 1998).
- "Consumer Product Safety Labeling and the Influence of Litigation," 5 International Journal for Consumer Safety 57 (June 1998).
- "Arbritation: Post Award Procedures," 60 Alabama Lawyers 315 (Sept 1999).
- Defense of numerous consumer class actions involving residential real estate escrow charges, insurance sales practices, residential real estate mortgage discounts, banking industry checking account practices, credit life insurance.
- Prosecution of anti-trust claims related to Workers' Compensation assigned risk resulting in favorable settlement.
- Defense of alleged misappropriation of technology-related trade secret.
- Defense of ERISA claims for recovery of overpayment of benefits.
- Frequent service as arbitrator for commercial and technology-related disputes as member of American Arbitration Association and National Arbitration Forum Panels of Arbitrators.