Mr. Spencer H. Larche
- 2013, Mississippi
- 2012, Alabama
- 2008, Wisconsin
- Court admissions
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi, 2013
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama, 2012
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2008
- J.D., magna cum laude, Marquette University Law School, 2008
- B.S., summa cum laude, Spring Hill College, 2005
Honors and Awards:
- CALI Awards (Top Grade): Legal Research & Writing I; Antitrust Law; Workshop: Amateur Sports; Seminar: Selected Topics in Sports
- Sports & Entertainment Law Section Student Writing Competition Winner, State Bar of Wisconsin (2008)
- Joseph E. O'Neill Prize for Student Writing, Marquette University Law School (2008)
- Sports Law Certificate, National Sports Law Institute (2008)
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member, Marquette Sports Law Review Editors Alumni Board
- Member, Red Shoe Society (Young Professionals Group Supporting Ronald McDonald House Charities)
- Where, Oh Where, Is Affordable Care? Johnstone Adams LLC Alabama Labor & Employment Seminar, Dec. 12, 2013.
- Time to Reform Your Healthcare Policies: What You Need to be Doing Now, Johnstone Adams LLC Alabama Labor & Employment Seminar, Nov. 15, 2012.
- Co-authored, Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act for Financial Institutions, July 2010.
- Co-authored, Change is Coming to the Financial Services Industry, BizTimes Milwaukee, Oct. 30, 2009.
- Co-authored, Obama Plan Overhauls Financial Services Regulation, July 2009.
- Co-authored, Legacy Assets and the Public-Private Partnership, J. of Corp. Renewal, June 2009, at 8.
- Co-authored, Restructuring of the U.S. Financial Services Regulatory Structure, Mar. 2009.
- Co-authored, ARRTA Amends the Executive Compensation Restrictions of EESA, Feb. 2009.
- Co-authored, Treasury Outlines Financial Stability Plan, Feb. 2009.
- Co-authored, TARP Capital Purchase Program Under the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008, Oct. 2008.
- Comment, Pink-shirting: Should the NCAA Consider a Maternity or Paternity Waiver? 18 Marq. Sports L. Rev. 393 (2008).
- Comment, From the Twin Cities to Twin States: Legislating the Classroom Placement of Twins and Other Higher Order Multiples, 91 Marq. L. Rev. 587 (2007)
- Health Care
- Drafting contracts pertaining to health care transactions and business relations.
- Advising on health care fraud and abuse prevention, including compliance with Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, and the False Claims Act.
- Analyzing Federal and state pharmaceutical laws and regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory agency rules, including the Alabama Board of Pharmacy, the Alabama Medicaid Agency, and the Alabama Department of Mental Health, among others.
- Complying with HIPAA and state health privacy laws.
- Advising health care clients in regard to preparation for and implications of the Affordable Care Act.
- Business and Corporate
- Regularly advise clients on entity formation and corporate governance issues.
- Represented financial technology services client in stock exchange merger transaction valued at approximately $3 billion.
- Represented lenders in real estate financing transactions, including golf courses and other commercial properties.
- Represented materials handling company in an approximately $40 million acquisition of a former subsidiary distributor.
- Represented closely-held corporation in stock purchase transaction in the healthcare industry.
- Represented seller in asset purchase of gas station and convenience store.
- Represented buyer in asset purchase of marine equipment provider.
- Successfully represented non-profit client on appeal to Alabama Supreme Court in approximately $1 million lawsuit over the use of donated funds.
- Preparing nonimmigrant visa petitions, including those in the K-1 (fiance), K-3 (spouse), R (religious), and F-1 (student) categories.
- Preparing employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions, including those in the L-1 (intracompany multinational executive transfers), H-2A (temporary agricultural workers), and H-1B (professionals) categories.
- Preparing employment-based immigrant visa petitions, including those in the EB-2 (advanced degree professionals) and EB-1 (multinational executives) categories.
- Directed employers through the PERM Labor Certification process.
- Prepared family-based and VAWA-based petitions for individuals to obtain lawful permanent residence.
- Prepared I-601A extreme hardship waivers of the unlawful presence bar.
- Preparing naturalization and related citizenship petitions, including the N-400s, the N-600, and the N-600k.
- Facilitated petitions to remove conditions on permanent residence.
- Represented individuals in removal proceedings.