Ms. Jessica L. Welch
P.O. Box 1988
Mobile, AL 36633
Jessica Welch proudly identifies herself as a tax attorney and gladly accepts any "math nerd" ribbing that comes her way. With an LLM in taxation and a Certificate in Estate Planning, she is well prepared to assist clients with benefits planning, ERISA compliance, drafting retirement plans, 401K compliance, drafting wills and trusts, preparing power of attorney documents and healthcare directives, probating wills, and administering trusts and ensuring they are compliant.
Jessica assists healthcare clients with their benefits' planning and enjoys ensuring the plans are correct so as to not incur penalties and to receive all possible tax advantages. She also works with these clients to ensure they remain compliant with the Affordable Healthcare Act.
Jessica also represents non-profits and charitable organizations, and is passionate about assisting these entities in correctly drafting their articles of incorporation and ensuring there are compliant with the many regulatory requirements in place for these types of organizations.
Prior to going into private practice, Jessica served as the Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Roderick P. Stout in the 13th Judicial Circuit Court of Mobile County, Alabama where she worked on a wide variety of civil matters. This background provided an excellent foundation by giving her firsthand knowledge about how judges think, work and what matters to them.
Jessica enjoys the creative side of planning, especially in estate work where there are many alternatives to reaching the best solution. Her goal is to be known as a responsive knowledge pool for her clients. She enjoys working with a dynamic array of individuals and explaining complicated tax rules so that they are easily understood.
- Drafted estate planning documents such as wills, trusts, power of attorney and healthcare directives) for individual clients
- Provided tax and planning advice to a number of business and non-profit corporations, professional corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs)
- Provides ongoing advice to clients on employee benefit and retirement tax planning and compliance
- Probates and administers estates and trusts on behalf of individuals
- Provides ongoing advice to healthcare client on hospital and healthcare law related matters
- Assisted in multiple residential real estate transactions including contract preparation and review, and drafting deeds, purchase agreements and promissory notes.
Honors and Awards
Spring Hill College Honors
UA Law Honors
Professional and Community Involvement
- State of Alabama - 13th Judicial Circuit - Mobile County Circuit Court - Civil Law Clerk for the Hon. Roderick P. Stout, 2012-2014
- Research Assistant - Prof. Kenneth Rosen - Financial Services Legislation Law Review Article, 2011
- Bill review and charting of code provisions Alabama League of Municipalities
- 2010 Model City Ordinance Review Program - Worked with municipalities in Alabama editing, reviewing, amending and drafting city ordinances. Alabama Law Institute
- 2009 Legal Research Assistant - Edited legislative handbooks and created cross-reference tables for Alabama Business Entities Code.
2011, Alabama State Bar 2014, Mobile Bar Association
P.O. Box 1988
Mobile, AL 36633
- Business and Corporate
- Employment, Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Health Care
- Real Estate - Non Litigation
- Tax, Trusts and Estate Planning
LL.M., Taxation, Georgetown University Law Center, 2012
J.D., University of Alabama School of Law, 2011
B.S., Psychology, summa cum laude, Spring Hill College, 2008