People today are living longer, but with longevity comes the need for greater planning for those golden years. Our Elder Law attorneys guide clients through the maze of issues affecting retirement, asset protection, Medicare and Medicaid, health, and even mental health with practical and compassionate advice, recognizing that legal issues often have social and familial implications. From wills and estate planning to guardianships and conservatorships, our Elder Law attorneys have the expertise to deal with the complex issues of an ever-growing aging population.
CAN HELP YOU?
Snapshot of Strengths
The Elder Law practice group offers the following services:
Asset Protection Planning
Medicare and Medicaid Planning
Special Needs Planning
Estate Planning - Wills, Trusts, and Advance Healthcare Directives
Guardianships and Conservatorships
Long Term Care Planning
Health and Mental Health Law Advice
Best Lawyers - Best Law Firms Award 2019
Whether you are an older adult facing the challenges of aging, or are caring for an elderly parent, we can help. Our depth of experience and wealth of knowledge allows our Elder Law attorneys to employ a holistic and comprehensive approach, offering practical solutions to complex problems. Contact Johnstone Adams today and secure peace of mind.
- Prepare sophisticated and simple wills, powers of attorney and health care advance directives (living wills).
- Represent clients in post-mortem planning such as qualified disclaimers.
- Represent clients in probating wills and assist in estate administration and guardian and conservator proceedings.
- Represent clients in providing advice and preparation of documents associated with irrevocable life insurance trusts, including pour-over trusts from wills.
- Represent clients in the preparation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
- Represent clients in providing advice on family business succession planning.
- Prepare sophisticated trusts, including dynasty trusts, life insurance trusts, irrevocable trusts, revocable trusts, and special needs trusts.
- Represent family and friends seeking commitment of individuals that are mentally ill and in need of involuntary treatment.
- Represent family and friends in obtaining guardianship over individuals that are mentally or physically incapacitated and in need of assistance with daily living activities.
- Represent family and friends in obtaining conservatorship over individuals that are mentally or physically incapacitated and in need of assistance with financial activities.
What Our Clients are Saying
“Johnstone Adams was a great help when it came to drawing up our family’s will and advanced directives prior to the birth of our first son. These are certainly things that no one wants to think about, but the process was easy. They were professional and knowledgeable, answering all of our questions along the way with compassion and sensitivity. Johnstone Adams responded quickly to any questions and was easy to get in touch with! We would highly recommend them for any legal work!!”
“My wife and I approached Johnstone Adams to help us make a better informed decision regarding her immigration. They have been a truly invaluable asset. They brought their knowledge, experience, confidence, and calm demeanor to the process, which put our minds at ease. The worry and anxiety that we were facing melted away, and we have been, literally, hand-held during this daunting process. We can’t thank or recommend Johnstone Adams enough and look forward to continuing to use their services in the future.”
“I am currently using this law firm and they are informative, keeping me up to date with my case, and they return your calls/emails immediately. I am very satisfied.”