Are you trying to determine if you need a corporate attorney for your business? If you’re looking at the added expense and trying to figure out if you can afford it, you might be looking at the situation wrong.
Instead of asking if you can afford a corporate attorney, you should instead ask if you can afford NOT to hire one.
Take a look at the variety – and crucial – legal services a corporate attorney can provide to your business to keep you out of legal trouble and save you money.
- Entity Formation: Do you know which type of business entity is best for your company? Should you be a corporation, limited liability company, or partnership? A corporate attorney can help explain the differences between these and suggest which type of entity is best for your company. They can also help you set up your business structure under the selected entity.
- Contracts: You likely encounter numerous contracts throughout your business – probably more than you realized you would. Without having a legal expert review or create these contracts, you might not be certain if you should be signing them or if your interests are being properly represented. These can include employment agreements, non-disclosure agreements, vendor contracts, customer agreements, and more.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Mergers and acquisitions can be messy. It’s crucial to have a legal expert helping with these to ensure all steps are taken and completed properly. Corporate attorneys can help. They can assist with drafting and negotiating acquisition agreements, conducting due diligence, and facilitating the transfer of ownership.
- Intellectual Property: If your business produces products, written materials, or other content, you need to protect them. Corporate attorneys can help you with trademarks, copyrights, and patents, and provide guidance on licensing and infringement issues.
- Securities Compliance: Corporate attorneys can assist with securities offerings, including registration and exemption requirements under federal and state securities laws. It’s essential to follow these exactly, so you need a legal expert on your side to help.
- Employment Law: Having employees is tricky, and comes with a whole set of laws and requirements you need to follow. Corporate attorneys can guide you on employment law issues, such as compliance with wage and hour laws, discrimination and harassment policies, and employee benefits.
- Corporate Governance: When you get into corporate governance, you need a corporate attorney working for you to ensure you are meeting the rules and requirements. They can make sure that your business is in compliance by holding events such as the board of director meetings and shareholder meetings and creating annual reports.
- Regulatory Compliance: Corporate attorneys can help ensure that your business complies with federal, state, and local regulations. This can include environmental regulations, consumer protection laws, and healthcare laws.
- Risk Management: An attorney can provide guidance on risk management issues, such as insurance coverage and liability issues. This will help you minimize the risk of legal disputes.
- Litigation: Corporate attorneys can represent your business in legal disputes, such as breach of contract claims, intellectual property disputes, and employment law claims.
Why Hire Our Corporate Attorneys
When you need a corporate attorney to help with your company’s contracts, mergers, litigation, and more, let the experts at Johnstone Adams LLC represent you.
Ranked in the 2023 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” list regionally in 12 practice areas, we have experts in many areas of law to give our clients top-notch representation. In business for more than a century, our firm can mix its experience with the ability to evolve with the changing times.
To get started, contact us at 844-682-7682 or email@example.com. We are ready to help.