Construction lawyers can help with a variety of matters. Are you building a commercial property, and you’re running into issues – whether it’s related to the contract, timeline, or payments? Did materials not arrive on time, and now you’re behind schedule?
You may need the help of a construction litigation attorney. An attorney knows that construction projects are expensive. With a lot of money on the line – for both sides – it’s essential to have someone fighting for you to make sure you get what you need.
Don’t risk handling disputes or issues on your own. This can cost your company a lot of money, or put the project at risk. Instead, you need to hire a construction attorney.
Problems Construction Lawyers Can Help Resolve
There are many problems construction lawyers can help resolve. Some of the most common are:
- Contract Disputes: Unfortunately, contract disputes are one of the most common issues construction attorneys deal with. Attorneys can help mitigate disputes related to contract terms, payment schedules, project delays, warranties, change orders, and more. Having an expert on your side gives you assurances that you are exploring every legal option to have your concerns addressed in the contract.
- Insurance Claims: Accidents can happen on construction sites. These are actually more common than you might realize. Without the right insurance coverage or ensuring you are filing a claim correctly, it can put the project -and your business – in jeopardy. A construction lawyer can help you file a claim for property damage, liability claims, or workers’ compensation claims. They can also help you ensure your company is protected, and look into claims as needed.
- Construction Defects: Not all construction projects go as planned. Corners may be cut as deadlines loom. Materials might be faulty. The design might be wrong. There are many areas where defects may occur. A construction lawyer can help resolve disputes over construction defects, building code violations, design flaws, faulty workmanship, defective materials, and more.
- Employment Law: Construction lawyers can also help with employment issues, such as wage and hour disputes, discrimination claims, workers’ compensation claims, and employee termination. These can leave your company vulnerable and open to lawsuits, so it’s essential to have an attorney fighting for you. An attorney can help save your company a lot of money through experienced representation.
- Mediation and Arbitration: If an issue needs mediation or arbitration to resolve, you need to hire an attorney. Going this route can be favorable, as it can be less expensive and time-consuming than going to court, but you need an experienced lawyer to represent you throughout the process.
There are many other areas where construction lawyers can help your company. Some other areas include help with zoning laws, understanding regulations, and knowing all legal requirements related to your project and the area where it is being built.
Why Hire Us
When you need a construction attorney to represent your company or project, trust the work to our experts at Johnstone Adams LLC. Our construction litigation attorneys provide legal expertise to all players in the construction industry involved in both private and public projects. We can help you resolve various issues quickly and professionally.
Our clients include general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, developers, owners, construction lenders, and shipbuilders.
We also provide legal advice to architects, engineers, banks, sureties, and insurance companies.
Ranked in the 2023 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” list regionally in 12 practice areas, we have experts in many areas of law to give our clients top-notch representation. In business for more than a century, our firm can mix its experience with the ability to evolve with the changing times.
To get started, contact us at 844-682-7682 or firstname.lastname@example.org.