Wade Perry Jr
J.D., Vanderbilt University, 1971
A.B., Davidson College, 1968
Mr. Wade B. Perry
Wade “Bo” Perry represents regional and local hospitals, physicians, long-term care facilities and mental health care facilities on a wide variety of issues, including regulatory compliance, corporate transactional, employment, HIPAA, increased profitability, ensuring payment, acquisitions and legislative matters. He stays abreast of looming industry issues such as Medicaid expansion, Affordable Care Act and uncompensated care.
Bo views the work he does in the health care and real estate industries as a very interactive process where client input is crucial. He is astute at understanding market demands and assisting clients in creating value in their industry, whether their need is transactional, regulatory or litigation based. He knows what it takes to get the job done and takes steps to ensure it is completed satisfactorily, even if it means lobbying and drafting legislation.
Bo assists his real estate clients with issues such as property acquisitions and divestiture, title litigation, erroneous property descriptions, boundary disputes, liens validity and a multitude of other title-related matters.
It’s important to Bo that he and his clients establish mutual trust and communicate regularly so that their needs are met. The best part about being an attorney for Bo is the opportunity to help people solve problems — big and small — as quickly as possible while ensuring the legal bases are covered.
- 1971, Alabama
- 1971, Alabama State Courts
- 1971, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- 1981, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- 1975, U.S. District Courts in all Alabama districts
- 2015, U.S. Supreme Court
HONORS + AWARDS
- Selected for inclusion in Alabama Super Lawyers, 2009-2013, in the field of health care
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers since 1991 in the field of health care
- Successfully completed the merger of two regional mental health centers aggregating more than 1,000 employees, in a transaction that finalized in the spring of 2014.
- Defended the local affiliate of national youth club in litigation over ownership of a major charitable gift, involving both trial and appellate court proceedings.
- Responsible for several successful proceedings in Alabama Supreme Court to establish the parameters of authority of the local probate court
Recent Reported Decisions
- BJMA vs. Murphy, 41 So.3d 751 (Ala. 2010) [real estate lien priorities]
- AltaPointe Health Systems vs. Davis, 90 So.3d 139 (Ala. 2012) [authority to issue contempt citation]
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Former Member, Board of Trustees, Alabama Department of Mental Health
- Director and former president, Mobile Opera, Inc.