What one word instantly instills dread and fear in almost all Americans?
No one enjoys calculating their taxes, filing them, and certainly not paying them. Even if you are one of the lucky ones with a refund coming, there is always that fear in the back of your mind that you could be one of the few who are audited.
- Tax planning: Do you typically get saddled with a hefty tax bill each year? You might not be taking advantage of all of the deductions you qualify for, or using other tips. A lawyer can assist you in planning your taxes in a way that minimizes your tax liability while staying compliant with tax laws. This can keep you legal with the government and also take some of the burdens off of a large bill due on Tax Day.
- Tax disputes: If you have a dispute with the IRS or state tax agency, a tax lawyer can represent you in negotiations and/or litigation. At times, you might get a bill from the IRS that just doesn’t make sense. They might have taxed you incorrectly. It does happen! However, if you try to fight this with the IRS on your own, you are unlikely to win. You need to take the right steps and follow a specific format. You need an experienced tax attorney to help you navigate the process and represent you.
- Audits: An audit is arguably the most dreaded outcome of filing your taxes. Fortunately, a tax lawyer can help. They can guide you through an audit, represent you before the IRS or state tax agency, and help you resolve any issues that arise during the audit. They can also answer any questions you might have and help you prepare for the process.
- Tax exemptions: If you are seeking a tax exemption for a nonprofit organization or charitable activity, a tax lawyer can help you navigate the application process and ensure compliance with tax laws. This process needs to be followed exactly to get all of the required documents filed and get them completed correctly. Let an attorney help you to ensure this process is followed accurately.
- Estate planning: When creating an estate plan, it’s important to think about your beneficiaries and the tax burden they might face on your property and assets. A tax lawyer can help you develop an estate plan that minimizes tax liability for your beneficiaries.
- Business tax issues: Tax issues regarding your business can be extremely complicated and need to be handled correctly. A misstep can put your entire company at risk and can result in large fines. A tax lawyer can help you structure your business in a way that minimizes your tax liability and ensures compliance with tax laws.
- International tax issues: International tax issues are another area you do not want to handle on your own. If you are doing business overseas or have foreign investments, a tax lawyer can assist you in navigating complex international tax laws. Failure to comply with these can land you in trouble with the U.S. government, even if the money is housed overseas. This can get complicated, so it’s essential to hire an experienced lawyer to help.
Why Hire Us For Tax Issues
Don’t face a tax issue on your own. You need experts to represent you. Let our business attorneys at Johnstone Adams LLC help.
Ranked in the 2023 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” list regionally in 12 practice areas, we have experts in many areas of law to give our clients top-notch representation. In business for more than a century, our firm can mix its experience with the ability to evolve with the changing times.
To get started, contact us at 844-682-7682 or firstname.lastname@example.org.