Oil and Gas
Johnstone Adams energy attorneys have extensive experience in oil and gas, and coal and timber industry matters. From finance to drilling, our experience serves the energy sector well. We regularly provide comprehensive services in title examination and preparation of division orders, assist with real property acquisitions and divestitures, defend in administrative proceedings before the State Oil & Gas Board of Alabama, provide advice on application of federal law and rules promulgated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and craft oil and gas financing and loan restructuring documents.
Our litigation attorneys have specific experience in this industry as well. Our successful track record includes several class action claims alleging underpayment of royalties, disputes over drainage, natural gas sales contracts, interpretation of leases and conveyances, field wide unitization, maritime injuries attributable to offshore operations, personal injury on land-based drilling locations, and oil and gas bankruptcy matters.
We proudly represent major oil and gas operators, independent oil and gas operators, treating facilities and other related plants, energy lending institutions, and title companies.
Snapshot of Strengths
Our energy lawyers’ expertise covers the Gulf Coast region and includes:
- Energy finance matters
- Title examination
- Preparation of division orders
- Assistance with real property acquisitions and divestitures
- Administrative proceedings before the State Oil & Gas Board of Alabama
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission rules and procedures
- Oil and gas loan restructuring documents.
- Class action claims alleging underpayment of royalties
- Disputes over drainage
- Natural gas sales contracts
- Interpretation of leases and conveyances
- Field wide unitization
- Maritime injuries attributable to offshore operations
- Personal injury on land-based drilling locations
- Oil and gas bankruptcy matters
By land or by sea – upstream, downstream and everything in between, Johnstone Adams Oil and Gas attorneys have the knowledge and experience to resolve your energy matters with finesse and within budget. Contact us today for skilled assistance in drilling down to your desired results.