Our experienced immigration lawyers provide each client with personal access to a team of senior lawyers who thoroughly understand the complex web of immigration laws and the enormous impact these laws can have on a person’s life or a business’s bottom line. We assist businesses and individuals with visas, I-9 forms and compliance, audits, and other immigration matters throughout Alabama, Mississippi, and the Florida panhandle.
We advise our business clients on completing I-9 employment eligibility forms and verifying their accuracy, EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 employment visas, the PERM labor process, and H and L visas. For our individual clients, we prepare personal visa petitions for travelers, fiancées, and students. We counsel our clients through the permanent residence petition process, including preparing applications for extreme hardship waivers (I-601As) and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. We also assist them with naturalization and represent clients in connection with outside employment eligibility audits.
Our Immigration attorneys are members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and have the necessary experience and in-depth understanding of Immigration Law to help our clients navigate any challenges they face during their case.
UNDERSTANDING WHEN YOU NEED AN IMMIGRATION LAWYER
Immigration Law is complex and hiring an attorney (especially an experienced team of lawyers) will save you valuable time, frustrations with the process, and costs such as court fees and fines. Our attorneys can help you fill out your immigration application correctly the first time, so you don’t need to restart the application process and add days, weeks, or months to your case. We can also defend you if an application is denied.
You will need legal counsel to ensure the best outcome in your immigration case. A lawyer specializing in Immigration Law can help you immigrate to the United States and avoid deportation. However, you do not need an attorney if you simply wish to visit the United States or another country and plan to return within 90 days.
Additionally, you require the expertise of an immigration lawyer in these circumstances:
- You’re unsure if you are eligible for a green card or other benefits of U.S. immigration.
- While living in the U.S., you received government assistance that could impact your eligibility and make you inadmissible for immigration.
- You wish to request discretionary relief, such as asylum or waiver and must persuade the immigration authorities to offer you benefits that are typically not an option for those in your position.
- You have difficulty obtaining a green card, qualifying for citizenship, or other immigration benefits.
- You require additional evidence to ensure immigration authorities approve your case.
- You have an urgent immigration matter.
- Immigration authorities have notified you of impending deportation or removal proceedings.
- You wish to re-apply to return to the U.S. after deportation.
- Your initial immigration application was denied or refused.
- You have been convicted of or committed a criminal offense and wish to enter or remain in the U.S.
- You plan to move to the U.S. to work for a U.S.-based employer, or you are a U.S. employer and wish to help your prospective employer enter the country.
- The application process and extensive forms and documentation required are confusing, and you wish for legal help to fill out the paperwork correctly.
- You wish to apply for an investment-based visa.
THE BENEFITS OF AN IMMIGRATION LAWYER
Hiring an immigration lawyer to help you through the process makes your claim move through the system more efficiently and reduces your risk of a refusal. AllLaw estimates that hiring an immigration attorney can save you up to eight weeks of processing time. An eight-week difference is substantial when you are a loved one who wishes to see your family or a business hiring an out-of-country employee.
An immigration lawyer understands the nuances of the application process and knows what type of visa or relief is available to you. Our team can complete your applications correctly, ensuring you have a valid claim. We can help you avoid rejection or the need for additional evidence along with valuable time and money.
Johnstone Adams, LLC can prepare you for an interview with a consulate abroad or at the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), significantly lowering your rejection risk in the final stages. Our immigration attorneys will advise you on your chances of obtaining your desired visa or immigration benefits after evaluating the facts of your circumstances. With our help, you can avoid the common pitfalls that exclude applications from entry or re-entry and prevent deportation.
CONTACT OUR IMMIGRATION LAWYERS IN MOBILE
Our experienced legal team at Johnstone Adams, LLC understands the delicate nature of immigration claims and how it impacts individuals’ lives, and the ability for a company to run smoothly. We have helped clients for more than a century, and our attorneys specialize in many practice areas, allowing us to provide full-service legal counsel.