Mr. Spencer H. Larche
P.O. Box 1988
Mobile, AL 36633
t: (251) 441-9297
Spencer Larche has broad, large firm experience that he brings to organizations of all sizes in South Alabama. He represents major health care providers, banks and financial institutions, and companies covering a range of industries in their immigration and transactional matters.
From closing SBA and other loans to handling acquisitions, Spencer has a broad range of transactional and corporate experience that also includes advising clients on matters of corporate governance, commercial contracts and regulatory compliance. Spencer is known for his practical and passionate approach to clients, as well as his approachability, accessibility and responsiveness.
Spencer has become a sought-after lawyer by businesses and individuals to handle their immigration concerns, including providing counsel to businesses on the effects of the Alabama immigration law, the Hammon-Beason Alabama Taxpayer and Citizen Protection Act. He also guides employers through the permanent residence process initiated for employees in various immigration categories, including offering advice on the PERM Labor Certification system. Spencer also advises individuals directly on many family-based immigration matters.
- Drafting contracts pertaining to health care transactions and business relations.
- Advising on health care fraud and abuse prevention, including compliance with Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, and the False Claims Act.
- Analyzing Federal and state pharmaceutical laws and regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory agency rules, including the Alabama Board of Pharmacy, the Alabama Medicaid Agency, and the Alabama Department of Mental Health, among others.
- Complying with HIPAA and state health privacy laws.
- Advising health care clients in regard to preparation for and implications of the Affordable Care Act.
Business and Corporate
- Regularly advise clients on entity formation and corporate governance issues.
- Represented financial technology services client in stock exchange merger transaction valued at approximately $3 billion.
- Represented lenders in real estate financing transactions, including golf courses and other commercial properties.
- Represented materials handling company in an approximately $40 million acquisition of a former subsidiary distributor.
- Represented closely-held corporation in stock purchase transaction in the healthcare industry.
- Represented seller in asset purchase of gas station and convenience store.
- Represented buyer in asset purchase of marine equipment provider.
- Successfully represented non-profit client on appeal to Alabama Supreme Court in approximately $1 million lawsuit over the use of donated funds.
- Preparing nonimmigrant visa petitions, including those in the K-1 (fiance), K-3 (spouse), R (religious), and F-1 (student) categories.
- Preparing employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions, including those in the L-1 (intracompany multinational executive transfers), H-2A (temporary agricultural workers), and H-1B (professionals) categories.
- Preparing employment-based immigrant visa petitions, including those in the EB-2 (advanced degree professionals) and EB-1 (multinational executives) categories.
- Directed employers through the PERM Labor Certification process.
- Prepared family-based and VAWA-based petitions for individuals to obtain lawful permanent residence.
- Prepared I-601A extreme hardship waivers of the unlawful presence bar.
- Preparing naturalization and related citizenship petitions, including the N-400s, the N-600, and the N-600k.
- Facilitated petitions to remove conditions on permanent residence.
- Represented individuals in removal proceedings.
Honors and Awards
- CALI Awards (Top Grade): Legal Research & Writing I; Antitrust Law; Workshop: Amateur Sports; Seminar: Selected Topics in Sports
- Sports & Entertainment Law Section Student Writing Competition Winner, State Bar of Wisconsin (2008)
- Joseph E. O'Neill Prize for Student Writing, Marquette University Law School (2008)
- Sports Law Certificate, National Sports Law Institute (2008)
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member, Marquette Sports Law Review Editors Alumni Board
Seminars / Presentations
- Where, Oh Where, Is Affordable Care? Johnstone Adams LLC Alabama Labor & Employment Seminar, Dec. 12, 2013.
- Time to Reform Your Healthcare Policies: What You Need to be Doing Now, Johnstone Adams LLC Alabama Labor & Employment Seminar, Nov. 15, 2012.
- Co-authored, Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act for Financial Institutions, July 2010.
- Co-authored, Change is Coming to the Financial Services Industry, BizTimes Milwaukee, Oct. 30, 2009.
- Co-authored, Obama Plan Overhauls Financial Services Regulation, July 2009.
- Co-authored, Legacy Assets and the Public-Private Partnership, J. of Corp. Renewal, June 2009, at 8.
- Co-authored, Restructuring of the U.S. Financial Services Regulatory Structure, Mar. 2009.
- Co-authored, ARRTA Amends the Executive Compensation Restrictions of EESA, Feb. 2009.
- Co-authored, Treasury Outlines Financial Stability Plan, Feb. 2009.
- Co-authored, TARP Capital Purchase Program Under the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008, Oct. 2008.
- Comment, Pink-shirting: Should the NCAA Consider a Maternity or Paternity Waiver? 18 Marq. Sports L. Rev. 393 (2008).
- Comment, From the Twin Cities to Twin States: Legislating the Classroom Placement of Twins and Other Higher Order Multiples, 91 Marq. L. Rev. 587 (2007).
- 2013, Mississippi
- 2012, Alabama
- 2008, Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi, 2013
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama, 2012
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2008
P.O. Box 1988
Mobile, AL 36633
t: (251) 441-9297
- Business and Corporate
- Health Care
- Real Estate - Non Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation – Conveyance, Lien Priorities, Titles
- Tax, Trusts and Estate Planning
J.D., magna cum laude, Marquette University Law School, 2008 B.S., summa cum laude, Spring Hill College, 2005